Hey geeks, the below is a set of possible ADC/DAC basic questions that can be discussed.
1. What are the factors you consider for the selection of ADC ?
2. What do you mean by Resolution of ADC ?
3. How do you determine the number of bits of ADC is required for you ?
4. Which factor determines the number of iterations in SAR done to approximate the input voltage ?
5. What are the 2 methods of ADC interface ?
6. Can you brief up the steps involved in ADC interface with 8051 or any microprocessor for the EOC based method ?
7. Can you brief up the steps involved in ADC interface with 8051 or any microprocessor for the Interrupt based method ?
8. How do you select the particular channel of a ADC . For example, can you tell for ADC0809 ?
9. When will you make the OE high in case of ADC0809 ?
10. What will happen if SC and EOC are tied together in ADC0809 ?
11. What is sampling rate/frequency ?
12. What is the use of interpolation formula ? Are you aware of any interpolation formula ?
13. What is sample and hold ?
14. Are there any Megasample / Gigasample converters ? Where are they used ?
15. What is aliasing ?
16. What is Nyquist-Shannon theorem ?
17. Is it good to sample at a rate that is higher than that of Nyquist Frequency ?
18. What is quantization error and when does it occur ? What is the unit of measurement of it ?
19. How can dithering improve digitization of slowly varying signal ?
20. Which type of ADC implementation is good or should be chosen, if we need lot of channels ?
Have a great day!